Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Email is less convenient and more of a nuisance in the educational world

I chose Emily 8 tweet on how email is not a good way for students to be notified on a assignments. The article explains about how students are not used to checking there email daily. It is a new thing for them as technology is being adapted into the education world. Though I do not agree with the article in todays world because everyone has a smart phone making it easy access to check your email daily. I myself check my email everyday because its just an app away instead of having to type in a url than your user and pass which can get annoying. Alot of the students are having issues with using there school email which at the university of maryland we get updates through elms which is forwarded to our normal everyday emailing eliminating this problem of using the school systems email. I think simplicity and easy access is the point of this article and students want to have easy access so its not a stressful experience at school.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/fashion/technology-and-the-college-generation.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

No comments:

Post a Comment